Friday, February 22, 2008

Ah, the sweet innocence of newly stuffed boards...

... I love it. That happy and carefree feeling the first PCB's of a new project have when they arrive on the desk, populated and ready but so far unsullied by the ravages of software. I like to enjoy a moment of quiet contemplation with them, a brief interlude of peace and sanity before battle commences.

But it can't last, and - oh - how quickly they lose that innocence and acquire an air of malevolent cunning and sublime evilness when you start having to make the damned things work.

Cover me, I'm going in!

[Five processors to programme, the boards arrive after the deadline has already elapsed, estimated six weeks of software required, it's dark and I'm wearing sunglasses]

"Then take the fucking sunglasses off, crem"

"Oh. Sorry"

3 comments:

  1. Five processors, six weeks?
    I'm sure you used to be faster. Must be the diesel........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pah, I don't emit as much CO2 as I did... If only that was also true of impure CH4/H2S...

    [poot]

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fucking guess of six weeks was optimistic...

    I hate cellular modems. I hate cellular modems. I hate cell[no carrier]

    ReplyDelete